Willow Creek Guest Information
Willow Creek Country Club is located in Sandy, Utah just minutes from Salt Lake City and features top country club amenities for members and their guests.
To ensure the enjoyment of our facilities by both our members and their guests, we ask that you familiarize yourself with these rules and abide by them while visiting our club.
Non-members are welcome to enjoy Willow Creek's amenities—swimming, dining and business meetings—while in the company of a current social or equity member. Golf may be enjoyed in the company of an equity member.
Members and their families, guests, and visitors are expected to wear attire appropriate for the activity in which they are participating at the club.
Attire not considered appropriate at any time in the clubhouse includes, but is not limited to:
- Excessively worn blue jeans, jeans shorts, cut-offs, short shorts, tee shirts, tank tops, halter tops, or bathing suits.
- Torn, tattered, obscene or unclean clothing are not permitted and shoes or sandals must be worn outside of locker rooms.
- Shirts should be tucked in at all times unless designed to be worn un-tucked.
- Hats are not to be worn by men in the Willow Room or Garden Room and are not, at any time, to be worn in the backward position.
- Shirts/Tops: must have a collar and tucked in at all times
- Cargo shorts, gym shorts, walking shorts, jeans or denims of any color are not acceptable.
- Shorts that are excessively baggy or not tailored are not acceptable.
- All players are required to wear golf specific footwear or non-cleated tennis shoes. Flip Flops or barefoot is not allowed at anytime on the driving range or golf course.
- Caps must be worn forward in the forward position at all times.
- Shirts/Tops: Per LGPA Standards - Sleeveless and Collarless are permitted.
- Collarless shirts must have sleeves.
- Sleeveless tops must have a collar.
- Slacks/Shorts/ Skirts: No length requirements, however, WCCC encourages at least mid-thigh.
- Footwear: Appropriate "non-metal spiked" golf shoes and golf sandals. Flip Flops or barefoot is not allowed at anytime on the driving range or golf course.
The guest of an equity member may golf up to six times per year, when in the company of the equity member. Social members and their guests do not have golf or driving-range privileges.
Each member and guest should be thoroughly familiar with the following rules. USGA rules shall govern play except in certain instances where LOCAL course rules may apply and therefore take precedence. Such LOCAL rules are printed on the WCCC scorecards.
No member or guest shall reprimand any employee of Willow Creek Country Club.
- All guests must register with the pro shop before starting.
- All play will start from the 1st tee unless authorized by the pro shop.
General Rules and Speed of Play
- Practice pitching and putting must be confined to the putting green, practice range, or practice hole.
- If a group fails to keep its pace on the course and loses in distance more than one clear hole, the players following are entitled to go through.
- Each player must have his/her own golf bag and clubs and each bag may contain only one set of golf clubs.
- Groups of four shall have priority of play. Other groups will be extended no additional rights other than those commensurate with the normal etiquette of golf. Although in all circumstances, common courtesy would dictate that if there is an open hole in front of a playing group, the playing group should step aside and allow the following group to play through, if said group desires.
- Under all circumstances, players are expected to follow directives offered by the marshal.
- Pace of play shall be the speed of the field with all groups being required to "stay up with the groups in front of them".
- Divots on fairways and ball marks on greens must be repaired immediately.
- Golf lessons taken on Willow Creek Country Club property may be given only by Willow Creek Professionals.
- Glass containers of any kind are prohibited on the golf course.
- All golf carts must stay off the edge of the tee crown and avoid parking in or running through damp or wet spots, or newly sodded ground. Use cart paths where provided.
- Carts are not to be parked on the fairway in front of the green. Leave your cart in the rough or drive around to the back of the green before you putt out.
- Drive at least 30 feet away from the edge of the green and never drive a cart on the apron of the green.
- It is the responsibility of the driver to follow cart signs located throughout the course.
- All persons who drive golf carts agree to pay or reimburse Willow Creek Country Club for all charges incidental to all breakages, shortages or damage, other than ordinary wear to said cart during the term of the lease.
- Under no circumstances may more than two players ride on a golf cart.
- Any person failing to observe cart regulations will be denied use of golf carts.
- Persons under the age of 21 must have a state-issued driver's license to operate an electric golf cart.
- Members shall inform their guests of the rules regarding use of carts and shall be responsible for their guests' compliance and any damages.
- Golf carts shall be returned to the Pro Shop after completion of use. On occasion, golf carts must be returned to the Pro Shop at a designated time for a special event.
- Guests are not permitted before 12:00 pm on Saturdays.
- Golfing guests must be accompanied by a member of the club.
- The host member is responsible for the behavior of their guests, as well as all charges that are incurred.
- Dogs or other pets are not permitted on the golf course, grounds, or in the clubhouse.
Parking and speed limits
- Members and guests must use designated parking areas. Handicap spaces are reserved for those with handicap identification. Parking is not permitted in spaces marked "No Parking." The maximum speed limit on club property is 15 miles per hour.
- The club is not responsible for loss of property from the clubhouse or lockers, or for any loss or damage sustained by members or guests on the premises. Any member or guest who removes or damages club property will be charged for such property, as determined by management.